Ways To Learn Empathy
Empathy can be learned. Empathy can be utilized for deeper connections and having healthier relationships. Misplaced Empathy is having empathy for those who seek to manipulate you, in a victim mindset, dismiss your thoughts and feelings, and those disrespectful to you (and not limited to these).
Empathy is one of the best skills to have in maintaining and fostering healthy relationships in life and in business.
Tool Kit In Starting And Continuing To Develop Empathy
The research shows that empathy is somewhat innate and somewhat learned. Of course, we can all improve. Here are eight ways to start and continue to develop healthy levels of empathy:
- Challenging yourself with new ways of thinking, or learning new tasks. Undertake challenging experience opportunities to push you outside your comfort zone. Learn a new task, for example, such as instruments, new topics, or foreign languages. Develop a new professional competency in what you are doing in life. Doing things like this will humble you, and humility is a key to enabling higher levels of empathy.
- Get out and about, and see new sites. Traveling, especially to new places and cultures can give more perspective. It often gives a better appreciation for others. Change up your work environment if you can, if you work from home switch rooms, if you can work from outside the home change up the cafe you usually work out of.
- Ask for feedback. Ask for feedback about your interpersonal skills (such as listening, empathy, and understanding where they are coming from) from family, friends, and work colleagues. You can also check in with them periodically to see how you’re doing.
Prove Marketing And Business ROI
100% of coaches and female-led businesses who implemented Empire Life’s business strategies in client leads, monthly income (often a 20X increase from when they started with Empire Life’s support), and client retention after having Empire Life Mentorship, apply here.
- Dive into your heart, and aim to make time to get out of your head. Read books, and watch shows and movies that explore personal relationships and emotions.
- Get curious about what it is like to walk in others’ shoes — about their worris and concerns and how they perceive their experiences.
- Start improving your question asking skills, start asking better questions. Bring four to five thoughtful, even could be provocative questions to every conversation you have with clients or friends. This will also improve your conversational skills.
For the female businesses who are scaling, who are already making over $20,000USD-$40,000USD per month, there needs to be a different and unique level of support, just for you. This leads me to our mastermind (doors opening soon!!), and masterminds in general to be a part of, and contact us and apply here.
With heavily investing in ourselves there is also no need to invest in multiple online courses which are not geared for the woman scaling her business.
There are mastermind and online courses primarily for the female founder who is just starting out. Where we guide them in finding and solidifying their ideal client, their client avatar, and hone in on their exact message, their true essence and bringing this to the world, in our Empire Life Blueprint Online Course, here.
Have you had a chance to grab our best-selling book, with women stories of their rising to success, and Redefining their success.
- Reigniting your sense of curiosity. What can you learn from someone? Curious people ask loads of questions, they are inquisitive, guiding them to develop a stronger understanding of the people around them.
- Start to look inward and examine your biases. We all have hidden (and sometimes not-so-hidden) biases that interfere with our ability to understand, listen, and empathize. These can often be centered around visible factors such as age, race, and gender. Don’t think you have any biases? Keep going inward — research states we all have them.
Hoping this article finds you well, and as always we love to hear from you in the comments!
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH EMPIRE LIFE
“Empathy can be learned. Empathy can be utilized for deeper connections and having healthier relationships. “
our Recent blogs
Check Out The Most Recent Blogs.
Building An Engaged And Large Email List (Part 2) I get the question a lot from clients, “Is Email Dead?” They want to know if email marketing is worth their time to set up and to know if setting up these sequences and promotions is also worth their time. In...
Building An Engaged And Large Email List (Part 1) When I think about the brands I enjoy, such as Nike, J. Crew, Spotify, American Eagle, Amazing Grass, CLEAN, DICK’S, and Athleta, I know I’m not a loyal brand advocate because of their products alone. I can...
Opting In I see this every day in business owners opting themselves out of opportunities even before trying or knowing if they can achieve it or not. In them not fully knowing or owning their worth. Have you been opting yourself out of opportunities? Such as...
Let’s scale your online empire.
Hi There! We will love to hear from you! Come Find Us on social and dm us!